Broken pipes, sewer back-ups, hot water heater break or even rainstorms are only some of the water related emergencies that can strike at anytime day or night. Experiencing a water loss at your home or business is a very serious problem with potential long-term impact; if untreated, the water damage can lead to structural damage, mold, mildew, and various types of bacteria that are present in standing water, your carpet and the padding.
While small-scale water damage can usually be restored quickly with minimum to no demolition, large-scale water damage can affect hardwood floors, ceilings, walls, carpets and even the structural integrity of the property.
Regardless of the size and source, a quick response is critical to limit damage when a flood or leak occurs and repair is needed. Professional water extraction, following proper mitigation procedures and using special drying equipment such as dehumidifiers, air movers, wall injection systems and heaters, is essential in order to save thousands in replacement costs and will prevent mold, mildew and structural damage.
With SWIFT Restoration’s 24-hour emergency service, our certified technicians can quickly be on site to evaluate the damage and get the situation under control so we can give prompt and immediate attention to your water damage in San Francisco, San Jose, Berkeley, or anywhere else in the Bay area you may need us, using state of the art equipment. Our professional technicians will provide you with a complete drying procedure for any scale of water damage, whether small or disaster.
All Our Work Is 100% Guaranteed
Knowing how destructive water damage is, and the consequences if it is not restored correctly, it is important that the water damage mitigation will be done the right way, the first time. We are so confident in our water damage services that we offer you a one-year guarantee on all of the work we do. You can rest assured of a quality job done right.
Our procedure for most water damage restoration cases will include:
. Assessment of the affected areas and the moisture content of materials
. Planning a scope of work with the property owner or manager
. Water extraction
. Removal of non-salvageable materials
. Clean-up and sanitizing (Anti-microbial)
. The use of drying equipment
. Daily moisture monitor and log progress
. Detailed report and certificate of the water mitigation service
What to do after a flood or water damage until the professional arrives:
· Try to remove all excess water by mopping and blotting.
· Wipe excess water from wood furniture.
· Remove wet upholstery and cushions.
· Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
· Turn air condition on for maximum drying in summer.
· Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
· Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
· Gather loose items from the floor.
What not to do after a flood or water damage until the professional arrives:
· Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
· Don’t leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet.
· Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
· Don’t use T.V or other household appliances.
· Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet.
· Don’t enter rooms if ceilings are sagging.